Garden Fest is back!
Submitted by McKenzie Culberson
Join Gwinnett County Public Library and our partners from April 12 to April 15 for virtual programming focusing on horticulture and wellness literacy. This event will cover topics dealing with gardening, nutrition, nature, and outdoor activities. Sessions will be held all day from Monday to Thursday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. via Zoom; each program will be approximately 45 minutes long with 15 minute breaks in between.
This year we are partnering with Live Healthy Gwinnett and their subsidiary, Harvest Gwinnett, an initiative launched in 2019. The program seeks to “connect community members through hands-on environmental education, plant fresh produce to improve resident food access, and nurture engagement opportunities leading to improved health outcomes.” Harvest Gwinnett is currently accepting reservation applications for raised plots at several of their Community Garden locations for the 2021-2022 growing year.
Tune in for any session on each day to be entered for the daily raffle with goodies for you and your garden!
- Georgia Audubon Society: Hummingbirds
- UGA Gwinnett Extension Master Gardeners
- Gwinnett’s Community Gardens with panel Q&A
- Chef Hank of Lettum Eat!
- Georgia Piedmont Land Trust: Heirloom Seeds
- Beekeeper and actress Francine Locke
- Gwinnett County Support Services: Benefits of Recycling
Other topics will include:
- Native plants, orchids, and succulents
- Vegetable, flower, and container gardens
- Backyard chickens, alpaca fertilizer, and vermicompost
- Canning, farm to table, and healthy eating
- Outdoor yoga, greenhouses, and recycling
We are currently collecting all of your plant questions for our Gardening Q&A with UGA Extension Gwinnett Master Gardener Hilary Wilson. Submit your questions here: Gardening Q&A
View the full schedule here: Garden Fest 2021 Schedule
To access the events each day, follow the links below to GCPL’s Event calendar.