Gwinnett County Public Library is proud to present the Student Film Festival for the 2023-2024 school year!
Middle School, High School, and Higher Education students are invited to submit their own films of any genre, and winners in each category will receive awards and cash prizes. Attend the festival on Saturday, March 23rd for film screenings, an awards ceremony, and an after party with opportunities to network with film industry professionals.
Submissions are open November 1st, 2023 until January 15th, 2024!
The learning labs have resources that can help with your film!
Already know what you’re doing? Reserve time in a lab to use our equipment, or make a one-on-one appointment with a learning lab specialist by filling out a book-a-librarian form here.
Click here to check out a playlist of helpful videos we’ve created!
- Students aged 11 and up are eligible for different categories.
- Submissions will be accepted from any qualifying institution worldwide, but you must have a representative who is able to attend the awards ceremony for your film to be eligible for prizes.
- Each film must be submitted with a completed entry form and video release form, signed by you (and a parent/guardian if you are under 18).
- You must be at least 11 years of age to enter.
- You must submit the name of your school and your grade level/year of study.
- Films must be longer than 2 minutes and no longer than 10 minutes, including credits.
- Films must be saved as an MP4 with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 or 4K.
- All entries must include credits and an opening title.
- Two film entries are allowed per director, and each film entry must have been created after January 1st, 2023.
- Films may be submitted by co-directors.
- All entries must be student-produced and may be a group effort or individual work.
- Use of sound or video clips from other works – films, television shows, music videos, etc. – within your submitted work is not permitted unless those clips are in the public domain or you have received written permission from the copyright holder. If you have obtained the rights to use someone’s work, please submit documentation with your film.
- Films must contain appropriate content for screening in a public space (PG-13).
- All films will be previewed for content.
- The film festival will be held on Saturday, March 23rd, 2024 at Gwinnett County Public Library’s Snellville Branch. To be eligible to win an award, you or a representative from your film must attend the award ceremony.
- We will not be able to show all of the videos submitted at the film festival.