Each branch has public computers with access to the Internet, library catalog, information databases and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. A desktop computer can be reserved for 30 minutes with a valid Gwinnett County Public Library card and Password/PIN. A computer session can be renewed for an additional 30 minutes provided another customer is not waiting. Computers begin the shutdown process 10 minutes prior to closing. Reservations and renewals are not available during this time.
All branches have laptops available for in-branch use to customers 18 and over with library accounts in good standing.
Chromebase computers are available for public use and have a 15 minute time limit.
Learning Labs & Tech Stations
Go beyond basic software and utilize professional quality tools for image and video editing, design, and media creation. Learning Labs are available at the Centerville, Five Forks, Lilburn and Hamilton Mill branches. TechStations are available at all branches. To learn more about the Learning Labs, click here.
Each branch is being outfitted with two iMacs in the Teen area. The iMacs are equipped with OS/X, MS Office, and the standard Apple software suite.
When you connect to any of the library’s networks (wired or wireless), you acknowledge that you have read, understand and consent to abide by the Library’s Internet Safety Policy.
Free wireless internet access is available at all library branches.
- The library’s SSID is “gwinnettlibrary“ and requires no password.
- Printing is available from most Windows and OS/X laptops.
- The library’s wireless connection is not secure. Please take appropriate precautions when using this service.
- You will need a notebook/laptop computer or other wireless device with 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless networking.
- All wireless access users should have up-to-date virus protection on their laptop computers or wireless devices. The library will not be responsible for any information (i.e. credit card) that is compromised, or for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to electric surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking.
- Library staff can provide general information for connecting your device to the wireless network, but cannot troubleshoot problems related to your wireless device or assist in making changes to your device’s network settings and/or hardware configuration.
- The Library cannot guarantee that your device will work with the Library’s wireless access points.
If you are having difficulty connecting to GCPL wireless, you may try the following:
Connect Gwinnett - Wi-Fi Hotspots
Connect Gwinnett WiFi hotspots require a Full Access or Branch Out library card and may be checked out for three weeks at a time. The hotspots do not renew. You may return your Hotspot to any of our branch libraries. For more information, click here.
Printing & Photocopying
Photocopying and printing from library computers in both color and black and white is available at all library locations. Library photocopiers and printers can be used with your personal paper, including photo paper, labels and cardstock.
Copy & Print Prices:
Black & White (all sizes): 20¢
Color (all sizes): 50¢
You can print from your laptop in our branches. After turning on your computer you will have the option to download a wireless printer driver for use with our Print Management system. The printer driver is deleted when you reboot your computer. At this time, the printer driver is compatible with machines running most versions of Windows or Mac OS X.
Early Literacy iPads
Most library branches provides Early Literacy iPads loaded with apps that enhance the learning experience for pre-readers and early readers. The Early Literacy iPads offer a multi-sensory tool for engaging a child in a creative, collaborative environment. Here is the list of selected apps in the branch ipads. Learn more about early literacy here.
Each branch of Gwinnett County Public Library has a collection of Launchpads available for checkout. You cannot place holds on Launchpads. You must have a Full Access or Student Card and may be checked out for three weeks at a time with no renewals. Launchpads are for early learners, and they are not wi-fi or cellular network compatible. There is no way to add or delete apps. You may return the Launchpad at any Gwinnett County Library location. For more information, click here.