Summer Reading 2020
Summer Reading 2020 officially kicks off on May 20th! Registration opens on May 1st.
The Summer Reading Challenge helps kids and teens learn all summer long! From May to August you’ll be able to participate in virtual events, track your reading, and complete fun activities. GCPL’s Summer Reading Challenge will happen entirely online this year, using virtual programming through social media and by facilitating reading logs and activities through the online platform, Beanstack.
Readers of all ages are welcome to participate. Register for the program on Beanstack starting May 1st to keep track of reading activities, earn digital badges, get chances to collect great prizes, and more!
Fun virtual programs such as crafts, storytimes, and workshops for all ages are free and open to everyone via GCPL’s Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram, so be sure to follow us!
- Grand prizes will be available for all age groups. Kids, teens, and adults who complete the program will be eligible to win Amazon Kindles and babies/toddlers who complete can win a stuffed animal prize.
- Additionally, we’ll be awarding collections of books to the top minute-earning elementary, middle, and high schools in the county so be sure to select your school when you register.
- To be eligible to win prizes, participants must complete the program by earning 480 points.
- Points are earned by logging reading minutes (1 minute = 1 point) and by completing online themed activities. Complete activities by doing things like crafts, STEM experiments, and telling the library about books you read. Earn virtual badges and add to your point total with the challenge activities (each activity earns 1, 5, or 10 points)
- Prize winners will be mailed prizes after August 12th
- Every week, we’ll introduce new and exciting activities to complete through videos on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
- There will also be many permanent activity challenges to complete all summer long in addition to the weekly offerings.
- Short-term activities will pop up on various platforms regularly, so check back often to get lots of opportunities to earn extra points.
- In June and July, virtual summer camps for kids and teens will be available and will award participants even more points.
Download the Beanstack Tracker App
Download the Beanstack Tracker App to log your Summer Reading activities wherever you are!