The Learning Labs are excited to present the second GCPL Photo Annual Exhibition this fall at the Duluth branch.
The theme for this year’s show, Jumping Through Time, aims to pull together a collection of images with broad interpretations of literal or altered timelines.
Artwork is juried by Coco Conroy, the Director at Jackson Fine Art Gallery in Atlanta, GA. Jackson Fine Art has collaborated with many public institutions, including The Metropolitan Museum of Art and The High Museum of Art.
Join us for the exhibition opening on October 14, 2022 at the Duluth library.
Learn more about photography at the Juror Talk with Coco Conroy on Saturday, October 29, from 12 pm – 1 pm. Artwork will be on view through November 18 as a part of the Atlanta Celebrates Photography Festival.
All events are free and open to the public.
Explore the past, the present, or the future in this year’s theme, Jumping through Time. We are looking for broad interpretations of the theme, including fictional narratives, emotional landscapes, literal translations, altered timelines and more.
Any photographic, lens or light-based images were welcome for entry, including staged scenes, manipulated images, mixed media, alternative processes, or anything you can imagine. For submission, the work needed to result in a digital file that can be submitted and printed on large format vinyl for public installation. Please note that artworks cannot contain nudity, drug use, or violence.
- This exhibition is free to enter and open to anyone creating photographic images
- Submissions open on July 22, 2022 and close August 15, 2022
- Each entrant is able to submit up to 5 images
- Images must be jpegs, 1500px on the longest side, sRBG color space
- Name your files using the naming convention: Lastname_Firstname_001.jpg
- Submissions are collected through Google Forms
- Once you submit the form, you should receive a confirmation email
- Accepted photographers will be notified on September 9, 2022 (UPDATE: Notification Date is now September 19, 2022)
- October 14, 2022: Exhibition Opening
- October 29, 2022: Juror talk with Coco Conroy
- November 18, 2022: Show closes
Meet Our Juror
Coco Conroy is the Gallery Director of Jackson Fine Art Gallery in Atlanta, GA.
Library Resources at GCPL for Photographers
The Gwinnett County Public Library has Learning Labs with many free resources to help photographers, including DSLR and mirrorless digital cameras, iMac stations with Creative Suite, studio lights, and more. Access to our Learning Labs is free with a library card. Out-of-county patrons can purchase a full access library card for $40 a year.
Learning Lab Specialists are also on staff to help! Book-a-Librarian or Book an appointment to use the labs at https://www.gwinnettpl.org/learninglabs
Have a question? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org