Are you: knowledgeable about teen culture and literature; flexible and patient; dependable and able to commit to attending once a month for a year; able to prepare arts and crafts; and able to contribute to team planning meetings?
Can you: commit to a regular schedule; give sufficient notice if unable to attend; reliably get to the library; and promote library programs with your peers?
The Teen Advisory Council (TAC) is for teens in grades 8-12 who would like to be involved with their local library branch on an ongoing basis. Teen Advisory Council members meet regularly to plan activities and programs, to assist with and attend programs, to help make the teen space a comfortable and attractive area, to volunteer their time and talents, and to help promote the library in our community.
Benefits of Volunteering on the Teen Advisory Council:
- Develop communication, teamwork, time management, relationship building and leadership skills
- Earn service hours for school clubs and graduation
- Gain valuable job related experience
- Gain valuable service experience for college applications
- Share ideas and see them implemented
- Assist staff in providing valuable programs to teen customers