Gwinnett County Public Library invites photographers to submit to the GCPL Photo Annual. Selected photographers will have their work exhibited and published during the Atlanta Celebrates Photography festival in October. This year’s theme is “Altered.”
This year’s entries are juried by Stephanie Dowda DeMar, an Atlanta-based photographer and experimental media artist. Dowda’s work has been published in Dialogue, Bad at Sports, MuseA, ArtsATL, and BurnAway, among others. Dowda, who was previously the Executive Director at Atlanta Celebrates Photography, has taught photography at Arizona State University, the University of Iowa and currently is an Assistant Professor of Photo + Video at Wesleyan College.
TExplore eccentric, the changed and unique perspectives in “Altered.” We are looking for broad interpretations of the theme, including fictional narratives, emotional landscapes, literal translations, altered timelines, alternative processes, and more.
Guidelines & Important Dates:
- This exhibition is free to enter
- Gwinnett County Submissions open on July 3, 2023, and close on August 14, 2023
- All other Submissions open on July 22, 2023, and close on August 14, 2023
- Each entrant can submit up to 5 images
- Submissions are collected through Google Forms
- Accepted photographers will be notified on or around September 15, 2023
- October 14, 2023: Exhibition Opening and Juror talk with Stephanie Dowda DeMer
- November 17, 2023: Exhibition closes