New Start Entrepreneurship Incubator –
Funded by Google in partnership with
the American Library Association (ALA)
The New Start Entrepreneurship Incubator (NSEI) is a six-month program designed to help community members who have served time in jail or prison create their own businesses. With this initiative, the Gwinnett County Public Library (GCPL) hopes to provide formerly incarcerated individuals with the tactics and tools to develop a small business and overcome barriers to professional success. Participants will receive assistance with developing business ideas, learn what is needed to run a successful business, and receive one on one support from successful entrepreneurs and business experts.
The NSEI program seeks to level the playing field by offering a complete business education tailored to the needs of formerly incarcerated people and each individual business idea.
The participants of this program will:
- Participate in a complete business course that equips formerly incarcerated individuals to start their own businesses, and become their own bosses.
- Attend monthly presentations led by local business experts.
- Have access to an online curriculum
- Have one-on-one mentor support from a successful experienced entrepreneur.
- Be provided with a laptop and hotspot kit while enrolled in the program.
- Learn strategies to overcome barriers to professional success.
- Create a business plan for their businesses.
Reasons to Start a Business
Barriers & Fears
Parts of a Business
How to Draft a Business Plan
Basic Financial Practices
Business & Licensing Laws
To enroll in the FREE New Start Entrepreneurship Incubator program, please follow these instructions:
- Meet the following criteria: Have served time in jail or prison, have The ability to attend the in-person classes for six months once a month, and have the desire to create your own business
- Attend the required orientation, if selected as a candidate.
- Fill out the online form below to be considered for the program.
Applicants should submit their applications by Thursday, November 30.
The NSEI committee will select up to 15 candidates per cohort to participate in the program.
Applicants chosen to participate in the incubator will be contacted by phone or email.
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Contact Center at 770.978.5154.