Open Access at the Lawrenceville and Suwanee Branches
Customers 18 years and up who hold a library card are automatically registered for open access and have self-service access to the library outside of normal operating hours.
Open Access is currently available only at the Lawrenceville and Suwanee branches.
How does open access work?
- PROVIDE ACCESS – Only valid patrons are granted self-service access with the use of their library card/number and pin.
- MONITOR ACTIVITY – Camera surveillance provides piece of mind for library users and deters theft and vandalism.
- MANAGE POWER – The system can turn on and safely shut down the power for lights, alarm systems, computers, self-service kiosks and more.
- BROADCAST MESSAGES – A PA system delivers pre-recorded messages during opening and closing.
Open Access Policy
- Open Access customers will use their own library card to gain entry.
- While using the facility, customers will not respond to vendors or persons trying to enter the facility.
- Security cameras monitor the use of the facility.
- Announcements will be made during the course of Open Access hours and customers agree to comply with directives.
- All library policies are in effect during Open Access hours, including the Library Code of Conduct and Computer and Internet Usage policies.
- Wall mounted phone may be used to place 911 emergency call if needed.
Open Access Hours
Monday – Saturday (Morning Hours) 8 am – 10 am
Monday – Thursday (Evening Hours) 8 pm – 10 pm
Friday – Sunday (Evening Hours) 5 pm – 10 pm