Gwinnett Country Public Library and our Learning Labs invite teens to submit their film work into the GCPL Teen Film Challenge. Works can be from any genre, but please pay close attention to all of the submission guidelines. The Learning Labs will also be hosting a variety of programs related to video production and editing to help complete your film.
- Each film must be submitted with a completed entry form and video release form, signed by you (and a parent if you are under 18).
- You must be 13-19 years of age to enter a film.
- All entries must include credits and an opening title.
- Films must be longer than two minutes and cannot be any longer than 10 minutes, including credits.
- Two film entries are allowed per director and each film entry must have been created after March 1, 2020.
- Films may be submitted by co-directors.
- All entries must be teen produced and may be either a group project or individual work. Note: adults are allowed to act in and assist with your film.
- Use of sound or video clips from other films, television shows, music videos, etc. within your submitted work is not permitted unless those clips are in the public domain or you have received written permission from the copyright holder. If you have obtained the rights to use a song, please submit documentation with your film.
- Films must contain appropriate content for teens (PG13). All films will be reviewed for content.
Remember to follow these guidelines as closely as possible to maximize your chances of winning!
Dates to Remember
- Submission window: November 1, 2021, through January 21, 2022
- Awards Ceremony: March 12, 2021, at 7 p.m.
- No films created before: March 1, 2020
Submit your film
Ready to submit your film?
Click the button below to access the submission form.