Submitted by Alexandria Ducksworth
Did you know you can visit the Zoo Atlanta free with your library card? Going to the zoo can be pricey especially if you have a big family and on a tight family outing budget. Here are 10 fun things to do at Zoo Atlanta you and your family can enjoy:
1. Meet friendly farm animals at the petting zoo.
2. Learn about owls, parrots, and birds of prey at the Fantastic Flights event.
3. Check out what animals do at night with special night goggles on the Twilight Trek.
4. Venture around the zoo aboard the zoo train.
5. Help Clue Spotter the Otter with Zoo Clues and win special prizes.
6. Learn more about your favorite zoo animals and zookeepers’ daily activities at the Keeper Talks.
7. Have Wild Encounters with Atlanta’s famous giant pandas, Aldabra tortoises, and more.
8. Swing around like a monkey on the Treetop Trail! This jungle gym adventure playground opened up just last year.
9. Can’t get enough birds? Register in advance for the zoo’s birdwatching program
10. Set up a sleepover at the zoo! Guests during this awesome event receive a night tour of the zoo, continental breakfast, and free zoo admission the day after.
Take note: some programs and events may cost extra and not be included with libraries zoo pass. Check Zoo Atlanta for further details.
Visit your local GCPL location to receive your pass.They’re our libraries hottest items. Make sure you get one before they’re gone! You can always check in advance the status of zoo passes available here before you leave home. Enjoy your trip!