David Cross is a Certified Portfolio Manager and Wealth advisor with U.S. Asset Management. His primary responsibility is portfolio management and client relationship management. In 2016, he left Merrill Lynch where he was the leader of a team that was responsible for managing over $220 million in client assets. He holds a degree in finance from Auburn University and earned the Certified Portfolio Manager designation through the Academy of Certified Portfolio Managers and Columbia University. David has earned numerous distinguished service awards with his former employers including highest client retention and new client acquisition concurrently in 2009. He has over 25 years of experience managing investments for individuals, businesses and charities. He is active in the business and civic community, serving or having served a variety of organizations including:
- Georgia Council on Economic Education, Board of Trustees
- Gwinnett Public Library Foundation Board, Co-Chairman
- The Community Foundation for Northeast Georgia, Professional Advisors Committee Chair
Duluth Civitan Club – President
- Rotary Club, Mosaic (Duluth, GA) – Founder
- The Hudgen’s Center for the Arts, Treasurer
- Georgia Association of Business Brokers, Board of Directors
- Boy Scouts of America, Atlanta Area Council and Northeast GA Council (David is also an Eagle Scout)
- Gwinnett Medical Center Foundation, Cornerstone Society
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, Chairman’s Club
What is the CPM® Designation?
The Certified Portfolio Manager (CPM®) designation is a collaboration of the Academy of Certified Portfolio Managers and Columbia University. The academic component is designed to provide a deeper understanding of fundamental security analysis, asset allocation, and portfolio management concepts for financial services industry professionals managing discretionary portfolios.
The curriculum encompasses eight core concepts:
1. Quantitative Methods
2. Financial Statement Analysis
3. Corporate Finance
4. Fixed Income Analysis
5. Equity Analysis
6. Fiduciary Responsibility
8. Portfolio Management
The CPM® Program advances knowledge in three vital areas: Valuation Analysis, Portfolio Construction and Risk Management. Candidates sharpen their command of these fundamental areas while demonstrating their commitment to continuing education and industry knowledge. It is anticipated that candidates spend 150 – 200 hours on the online pre-work. After successfully completing the modules and passing the exams, candidates are eligible to attend the onsite learning at Columbia University. The five days at Columbia University include the final exam.