Submitted by Pat Bruschini, President of Friends of the Gwinnett County Public Library
Do you like to read? Do you like to meet authors? Do you like the Gwinnett County libraries?
Then you would be a great FRIEND of the LIBRARY (FOL).
The Friends assist the library branches by fundraising and advocating community support. The funds we raise go to pay for author talks, library materials, staff enrichment and appreciation, equipment, programs and more.
Most of the money we raise is through raffles, silent auctions and beverage bars held during author events. But, on Saturday, November 3 from 10 am to 1 pm, we will be holding a children’s and youth used book sale at the Fowler YMCA, 5600 West Jones Road, Peachtree Corners. All the proceeds from the sale will support the children’s department at the Norcross and Peachtree Corners Branches. This is the first FOL book sale in many years.
Our mission statement: To build awareness of the Gwinnett County Public Library through volunteerism and developing private support.
So, what are the Benefits of being a FRIEND?
- Advance notice of author events through an electronic newsletter
- Reserved priority seating at author events
- Making a difference in your community
- Meet people, like you, who like the libraries and wish to share their time and talents to better our libraries and communities
- Your contribution is tax deductible to the extent of the law
Membership dues begin at $15 for an individual and $20 for a household and go up from there.
For more information, please visit our webpage at friendsgcpl.org or email Gwinnettcofol@gmail.
Join now and your dues cover the remainder of 2018 and all of 2019.