Contributed By: Alexandria Ducksworth
Did you know September is National Organic Harvest Month? Here are ten books to help you get started learning about the meaning of “organic”, organic shopping, gardening and more!
1. The Organic Food Shoppers Guide by Jeff Cox
2. The Gardener’s A-Z Guide to Growing Organic Food by Tanya Denckla Cobb
3. Wildly Affordable Organic by Linda Watson
4. Organic: A Journalist’s Quest to Discover the Truth Behind Food Labeling by Peter Laufer
5. Grow Great Grub by Gayla Trail
6. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Organic Living by Eliza Sarasohn & Sonia Weiss
7. The Whole Foods Diet by John Mackey
8. Starter Vegetable Garden by Barbara Pleasant
9. Storey’s Guide to Growing Organic Vegetable and Herbs for Market by Keith Stewart
10. Organic Gardening for Dummies by Ann Whitman
You can check these books out and more at your local GCPL.