Apply online for a temporary card,
Using the Library
To Get a Free Library Card...
Library cards are available at no charge for:
- Residents of Gwinnett County
- Gwinnett County business and property owners
- Gwinnett County school employees
- Gwinnett County government and city government agency employees
- Georgia Gwinnett College and Gwinnett Technical College students, faculty, and staff
To obtain a card at any GCPL branch, present proof of residency such as:
- Valid driver's license
- Utility bill
- Lease, rental agreement, or mortgage
Non-Gwinnett residents from categories above must present proof of eligibility for a free card, such as:
- Proof of business ownership
- Proof of property ownership - deed or property tax bill
- Student/faculty/staff ID
Non-Resident Library Card
Library Cards for Minors
A minor (under age 18) may get a library card with parent or guardian permission. Parents/guardians decide library checkout privileges for their children's cards. Cards are also available with Internet access options for minors.
Organizational Library Card
Present the following on your organization's letterhead and signed by your organization's CEO or officer in a library branch to obtain an organizational card:
- A statement accepting financial responsibility for all fines and fees incurred by anyone using the card. This includes fines for late materials and replacement fees for lost and damaged materials.
- The CEO or officer's name, job title, and work phone number
Non-profit organizations must include their non-profit number in order to be exempt from fines
To use the card, an organization member must know the card number and PIN.
Lost, Stolen, and Replacement Library Cards
- Notify the library immediately if your card is lost or stolen by visiting a branch or contacting us
- Present a valid ID in a library branch to get a replacement card
- A parent or guardian must present his or her ID for a minor without a valid ID
- Replacement cards cost $1