Library cards provide access across all collections with a check‐out limit of 75 physical items. Pre-register for a library card here and immediately access the library’s digital resources until you can verify the account at any one of the Library’s 15 locations.
Free library cards are available for:
- Residents of Gwinnett County
- Gwinnett County school employees
- Gwinnett County government and city government agency employees
- Georgia Gwinnett College and Gwinnett Technical College students, faculty, and staff
- Gwinnett County business owners - with proof of ownership
- Gwinnett County property owners - with deed or property tax bill
Apply at any Branch
When applying or verifying account information, please present proof of residency/eligibility such as:
- Valid driver's license
- Current utility bill
- Current lease, rental agreement, or mortgage
If you are under the age of 18 you can get a full access library card with your parent or guardian's permission.
Available to Gwinnett students (ages 13 to 17) and residents for access to Library digital resources and branch computer access. Checkouts on this card do not include items from the library’s physical collection. A digital card may be converted to a full access card at any time with parental approval or upon age 18.
Organizational Library Card
Cards are available for associations, businesses, churches, county government agencies, city government agencies, day care centers and schools located in Gwinnett County. Present the following on your organization's letterhead with your organization's CEO/officer's signature to obtain an organizational card:
- A statement accepting financial responsibility for all fines and fees incurred by anyone using the card. This includes fines for late materials and replacement fees for lost and damaged materials.
- The CEO or officer's name, job title, and work phone number
- Non-profit organizations must include their non-profit number in order to be exempt from fines
- Organizations must submit this information annually, as organizational cards expire one year from issue date.
To use the card, an organization member must know the card number and PIN.
Non-Resident Library Card
If you live outside Gwinnett and don't qualify for a free card, you can get a non-resident card for an annual fee of $30. This fee amount is based on a Gwinnett resident's tax contribution toward public library service. If you are interested in a non-resident card, please visit one of our locations.
Lost, Stolen, and Replacement Library Cards
Notify us immediately if your card is lost or stolen by visiting a branch or contacting AskGCPL. Present ID in a library branch to get a replacement card. Replacement cards cost $1.
We ask customers to renew their library cards every two years. To renew your card:
- Receive your reminder
- Update your contact information
- Clear all fee/fine balances
A reminder notice will be emailed prior to each card's renewal date, (based on the cardholder's birth date.) There will not be postal or telephone notifications. Cards will need to be renewed to continue borrowing privileges, and renewals must be made in person at any library branch. Library cards may not be renewed by telephone, email or SMS (text).