Meeting/Community Rooms Policy
Board Approved December 7, 2009
Implemented February 1, 2010
Revised September 13, 2010
The Library provides Meeting/Community Rooms for Library-sponsored programs; these functions are given priority in booking the rooms, but will not pre-empt previously scheduled groups. In addition, the Library welcomes the use of Meeting/Community Rooms by non-profit or not-for-profit organizations and government/public education agencies for activities of a civic, cultural, or educational nature that are consistent with the Library's mission. The Meeting/Community Rooms are not available for purely social purposes, or for the benefit of private individuals or commercial concerns. The Library reserves the right to revoke permission for the use of any Meeting/Community Rooms.
Organizations using the Meeting/Community Rooms must observe the following regulations:
1. No admission fee may be charged, and collections or donations are prohibited. Dues and materials fees are permitted.
2. No product or service may be advertised or sold without written permission from the Director.
3. All meetings must be open to the public should anyone wish to attend. The Library reserves the right to waive this requirement upon the showing of good cause.
4. Smoking is prohibited in any Library building.
5. Youth organizations must have at least one adult (21 or over) present at all times.
6. All publicity, e.g., posters, brochures, flyers, radio or TV announcements, must carry the name of the organization sponsoring the meeting.
7. Neither the name nor the address of the Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of the organization.
8. No organization using the Meeting/Community Rooms will discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or handicapped status in the provision of services.
9. Children attending meetings must be supervised by parents or caregivers per the Library Code of Conduct Policy.
10. Organizations using the Meeting/Community Rooms are responsible for all damages, losses or injuries resulting from use of the facilities.
11. Meeting/Community Rooms are provided “As-is” and there is no warranty of any kind that the facilities are suitable for any particular use or function.
12. The Library and/or Fire Department reserve the right to cancel an event or program at any time if reasonably deemed in the best interest of the Library and/or Fire Department.
13. A ‘Maintenance Fee’ will be collected by the Library prior to the use of the meeting/community rooms.