Revised/Board Approved January 30, 2012
The Gwinnett County Library Board reaffirms the current practices:
- As allowed by state law, the Board delegates staff hiring and termination authority to the Library Director. The Library Board retains the authority to hire and terminate the Library Director.
- Policies approved by the Library Board go into effect the first day of the month following approval, unless specified otherwise. Staff may make such editorial changes in policies as do not change their substance and meaning. Those changes shall take effect upon such action and be distributed to the Board.
- Encumbrances outstanding at the end of each fiscal year are automatically approved for carryover to the next fiscal year with a corresponding increase in the budget.
- The Library Director may move funds up to $20,000 within the budget object without Board approval..
- The rate for mileage reimbursement is set at the same amount as the Federal Government unless it is more than the rate used by Gwinnett County Government. Then the rate set by Gwinnett County will be used.